Thank you for taking the time to visit - I hope my designs provide a little inspiration.
Please pop back soon and if you would like to follow me just click the little blue box below xx

Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday 5 October 2012

Wings and Things

Hi everyone,

It's Friday again, which means it's challenge day over at Polkadoodles and it was my turn to choose the theme this week.  I had to pick something which allowed me to use one of my favourites - butterflies, but I am looking forward to seeing all the different interpretations of 'Wings and Things'.  Here's what I made for the challenge ...


I chose a pretty pink paper, some gorgeous black silhouette butterflies and a lovely sentiment from the Candy Doodles CD to make a wall hanging for my craft room.  I started with the paper and arranged all the black butterflies and sentiment before printing it out.  I then masked some of the butterflies before adding lots of extra interest to the paper with some 'Spun Sugar' distress ink.  I cut out another butterfly and treat it to a sprinkling of pink glitter before adding it to the oval nestie focal point. The project is mounted on black mirri card, then again on pink card before I added a piece of black ribbon for hanging and the usual sprinkling of adhesive gems for a bit of extra bling!

Don't forget to pop over to the blog for some great ideas from my fab teamies.

Hugz, Jan xx

3 comments:

  1. That's stunning Jan love the black and pink together xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning. Love the colour combo. Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous creation Jan. Love the stream of butterflies (must have taken some cutting out too) and the striking colour combination.
    Really enjoyed the theme too.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always very much appreciated, so thank you for taking the time to write one xx