Thank you for taking the time to visit - I hope my designs provide a little inspiration.
Please pop back soon and if you would like to follow me just click the little blue box below xx

Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday 16 November 2012

Exciting News ...

Well hellooo,

Here's the second post from me today (well, that's a first!) Lol.  I have some news ...

I was sat playing my game of 'Words with Friends', like you do on an evening, when my chat box popped up.  I was both surprised and thrilled to be asked by my good friend, Cazro, if I would like to join her on the Design Team over at 'The Alphabet Challenge Blog'.  Needless to say, I said YES please!!

So, this is a new venture for me and I hope you will come and play with me over at 'The Alphabet Challenge'.  This week the letter is 'U' and the theme is 'Under the Weather' - so we would like to see your projects that might cheer that someone up who is feeling a little under the weather.  Here's what I made for my very first DT project ...


I decided to make a cover for my tissue box which simply slides over the box, so when the tissues run out you can slide it off and add another box.  I used kraft card and papers from my stash and the edges of the paper are inked with Walnut Stain distress ink.  I decorated the top edge with a Doohickey Tilda Lace die, cut from the kraft card.  

Here's a closer look ...

Front View

The main image is 'Fizzy Moon - With Love'.  Fizzy is coloured with my Promarkers and the flowers are paper-pieced and decoupaged with scraps of the backing paper.  I added extra die-cut flowers with pearl centres and little punched flowers with pink adhesive gem centres.

Top View

The top includes a little sentiment which reads - 'Hope you're feeling better real soon', which was printed on my pc, cut out and inked.

Side View

The side is decorated with scraps of paper from my stash, including a little heart cut from the craft card and a punched flower.  The little daisy stamps across the bottom are from the Fizzy Moon stamp sheet.

Hope you like my first DT project for the Alphabet Challenge - why not pop over to the blog to see some more inspiration from my teamies.  I shall look forward to visiting your blogs and checking out your entries.

Hugz, Jan xx

3 comments:

  1. Congrats and your creation is awesome - love it.

    http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the team Jan! Gorgeous tissue box! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome teamie, it's terrific to hve you with us at Alphabet Challenge. Your box is fabulous, I'll let you know next time I have a cold and you send it to me. LOL Caz

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always very much appreciated, so thank you for taking the time to write one xx