Thank you for taking the time to visit - I hope my designs provide a little inspiration.
Please pop back soon and if you would like to follow me just click the little blue box below xx

Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday 17 June 2013

I love Purple!

Good Morning everyone,

Well, that's another weekend over and the start of a new week means it's time for a new challenge over at Make My Monday.  This week we have another of our famous colour challenges, chosen by Caz and we would love to see your projects using 'PURPLE plus one neutral colour'. What more could I ask for - anyone who knows me will know that I lurves purple!  Here's what I came up with for my DT inspiration ...


I decided to have another go with my inks and my new ink dusters, which I purchased at a recent show. I used three shades of purple - TH distress inks in 'Milled Lavender' (for the water), 'Dusty Concord' (for the sky) and an Adirondack in 'Aubergine' for the hills. I've also added a little black ink on the top of the hills to give some depth.  I chose black as my neutral colour so that I could stamp out the images and mat on a layer of black card.  I'm quite pleased with the results (although there are a couple of little mistakes in the reflection if you look closely!)

I can't wait to see your interpretations of the theme this week and shall look forward to visiting your blogs. Don't forget to check out the main blog for some fab inspiration from my teamies too.

Hugz, Jan xx


8 comments:

  1. Mistakes? Where? This card is stunning! This is a technique I would love to be able to do half as well as this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely amazing, Jan
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is stunning....love the reflecion of everything...very clever! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW this is just STUNNING Jan...I love it hun.
    Hugz, Lorraine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous scene you've created, Jan! I don't see a single mistake! This is perfect! HUGS and hope you have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. An absolutely beautiful and tranquil scene Jan and the ink dusting looks amazing in purple.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, love it, absolutely smashing and the colour is a real favourite. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is gorgeous! Now it feels like one of those "hidden picture" puzzles. I can't find the mistake and I've been looking for ages!!!
    Thank you for sharing your fabulous work. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always very much appreciated, so thank you for taking the time to write one xx