Thank you for taking the time to visit - I hope my designs provide a little inspiration.
Please pop back soon and if you would like to follow me just click the little blue box below xx

Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday 5 July 2013

K for KEYS

Good morning crafters,

Hehe! I always want to type 'Good morning campers!!' Lol

Hope everyone is having a great week and as it's Friday again it's time for another challenge over at the Alphabet Challenge Blog. This week it's my turn to host the challenge and we are up to the letter 'K'. I chose the theme 'KEYS' for this one and would love to see your projects using a 'key' in some way, whether it's a focal point or used in a background -I can't wait to see all your interpretations of the theme. Here's what I made for my DT inspiration ...


I loved designing this piece, which is made from an old tag covered with brown cardstock which I embossed with a steampunk style mask. I added a little copper gilding wax to highlight the embossed areas to make my background. 

The heart is cut from card, covered with metal tape and also passed through a script embossing folder, then coloured with alcohol ink.  I added a strip of book paper behind the heart, just to lift it from the embossed background. The edges are inked with 'Vintage Photo distress ink.

I used one of my precious 'Tim Holtz' keys for this project - it has the word 'heart' written on the head of the key, which seemed an appropriate choice. I have wound some wire around the length of the key and added some tiny seed beads. Behind the key are a couple of die-cut leaves, which I hope look like wings and a couple of little tiny brass wings.

The wording is printed on cream cardstock from my pc. I chopped it into pieces and inked with the same distess ink, before adding them to the card.

The tag is embellished with some extra bits from my stash, including three metal finish eyelets, a metal look brad, a little metal safety pin (which is also threaded with tiny seed beads) and a little metal cog.

I was aiming for a 'steampunk' look - what do you think?

I would like to enter this project into the challenge over at Fussy and Fancy which is 'Steampunk'.

Hugz, Jan xx

3 comments:

  1. Stunning tag, love the embossing and metallic effects. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tag is beautiful Jan. I love the metallic effect.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always very much appreciated, so thank you for taking the time to write one xx