Thank you for taking the time to visit - I hope my designs provide a little inspiration.
Please pop back soon and if you would like to follow me just click the little blue box below xx

Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday 25 August 2015

Myth and Magic

Hello there,

This one was scheduled, as we are enjoying a little sunshine along the East coast (hopefully!) - so I hope it arrives where and when it should! Lol.

We have a new challenge starting over at Cardz 4 Guyz and this week Caz has chosen the theme of

'MYTH & MAGIC'

Here's what I created for my DT inspiration ...


Now, this is a topic that I love - anything mythical, magical (or fantasy for that matter) - so away I went to see what I could find. I decided to use this gorgeous little dragon image by Mitzi Sato-Wiuff and coloured it with just a graphite pencil, shading it with a paper stump. I have also picked out some tiny areas with colour too, just for highlights. 

It started out as a card, but while I was colouring my daughter came home and popped her head around the craft room door to see what I was up to. 'Ooo, I like that - what's it for?' she asked. I told her it was for my blog 'And then what?' she asked, grinning! Needless to say, it has now turned into a little hanging plaque which will end up in her room (as she also shares my love of the theme)!

I hope you will come and join us over at the challenge.
Hugz, Jan xx

6 comments:

  1. I too love the mythical, your little dragon is gorgeous,hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful coloring on your little dragon! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your little summer break has been refreshing and wonderful. I adore your little dragon, your colouring is spot on, cleverly coloured with a pencil and paper stump. A fabulous new technique. Pleased he has ended up as a hanger and not a card. Thanks for your wonderful inspiration for Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your break at the coast, looks like the best part of the UK to be this week.
    Love how you coloured this sweet dragon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful, and amazing colouring!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super little dragon, love your colouring, not surprised your daughter loved it

    Joan

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always very much appreciated, so thank you for taking the time to write one xx