Thank you for taking the time to visit - I hope my designs provide a little inspiration.
Please pop back soon and if you would like to follow me just click the little blue box below xx

Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday 9 August 2016

By the Seaside

Good morning,

Well, that's just where I would like to be at the moment - by the seaside!

I have such a lot going on at the moment (but I can't talk about it yet).  I thought I would be having a rest once I gave up my job - but as they say, 'As one door closes, another one opens!' I will fill you in as soon as I can, I promise :)

We have a brand new challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz today, and it was my turn to choose the theme this week. So, as my title suggests, we would love to see your 'BY THE SEASIDE' projects. Here's what I made for my DT inspiration ...


I chose a lovely turquoise piece of design paper to represent the colour of the sea (well, in some lovely hot places anyway!) and kraft card to represent the sand.

The turquoise piece has some of my favourite Stampin' Up splatters stamped on it using Gathered Twigs distress ink, then I ran it through a Hessian embossing folder for some texture.

I stamped the main focal images straight onto the kraft card, using some freebie stamps from my Craft Stamper magazine and distress inks. Then I chopped them into four different sized pieces before assembling them onto my card.

I used some natural twine, together with a button and a stamped 'It's Your Birthday' sentiment to finish off.

See you at the challenge,
Hugz, Jan xx 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jan this is a stunning card I love the design. It sounds like you have some exciting news coming. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this different take on the seaside theme. The shells are a brilliant addition and the colours represent the seaside perfectly.
    Your news sounds very intriguing......
    Crafty hugs
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always very much appreciated, so thank you for taking the time to write one xx