Thank you for taking the time to visit - I hope my designs provide a little inspiration.
Please pop back soon and if you would like to follow me just click the little blue box below xx

Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday 21 February 2017

Under Water

Good Morning,

I am a little over excited today as I picked up my new car yesterday (well, not brand new - but new to me). I was a little sad as I said goodbye to my trusty little car that I've had for the last ten years, but it was time to upgrade before it started costing me too much money. So, I've driven to work in it for the first time this morning, so fingers crossed!

I have my next DT project for the new challenge at Cardz 4 Guyz today, and my teamie Jane has chosen the theme

'UNDER WATER'

Now, I had to think outside the box for this one as all I could find in my vast array of stamps were a couple of little mermaids (but wasn't sure about them for a male themed card). Anyway, I found this little guy in my 'go to' freebie box (which contains all my free stamps from my Craft Stamper magazines) and isn't he just too cute ...


The layout is completely flat, just layered onto a piece of co-ordinating cardstock.

First I masked out the vertical strip using a few sticky notes, then added some distress ink in Evergreen Bough and Mermaid Lagoon. I stamped down the left hand side with a little swirly stamp, then added my main focal image and a couple of starfish (well, stars anyway!)

The little sea horse is paper pieced so he stands out from the background, and I coloured all the bubbles with a glitter pen, then added some glossy accents to make then shine.

A stamped sentiment and a piece of co-ordinating twine to finish off.

Hugz, Jan xx

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jan this is a gorgeous card that little seahorse is so cute. It is very exciting about your new car. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, and a brilliant one layer design. Hope you are getting on OK with the new car - I hate driving unfamiliar cars
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card Jan. I too would have been stumped with this theme. I hope your drive to work went well in your new car. We ungraded our 12 year rust bucket last year and even now I turn on the lights instaed of the windscreen wipers. Women drivers!!!
    Crafty hugs
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really beautiful card. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always very much appreciated, so thank you for taking the time to write one xx