Thank you for taking the time to visit - I hope my designs provide a little inspiration.
Please pop back soon and if you would like to follow me just click the little blue box below xx

Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday 4 April 2017

Just for Fun!

Good afternoon,

I feel like a bad blogger at the moment, it's been over three weeks again since I last posted, so please forgive me.

It's been over six months since I started my new job, but I am still getting used to the new regime - I'm out out of the house and working more now than I have done in the last thirty years - how does that work?! Lol.

Having said that I am absolutely loving all aspects of it - working in the store, demonstrating and teaching classes. I was promoted to Supervisor a few weeks ago, so my job role has changed a little (with more responsibility), but then I have always loved a challenge!

It's been one of my days off today and I have actually had a chance to 'play' in my craft room, instead of what I now class as 'work'. So, after spending what seems like an age watching crafting videos on You Tube this morning, I found this gorgeous little project which several people have done tutorials for and decided to have a go myself. So here's what I have been playing with today ...


I have used mainly 'Stampin' Up' products for this one (with a little Crafter's Companion thrown in for good measure).

I made the shadow box from a piece of 12" x 12" Sahara Sand cardstock, which has a little bit of text stamped on it using some Pumice Stone distress ink. The background design paper is from the 'Falling in Love' suite, and I cut lots of embellishments from a piece of the left over design paper using some of the dies from the 'Botanical Builder' set. . I also die-cut the beautiful 'Bloomin' Heart' from cream linen cardstock to fit in the centre of the little box.  

I had to sneak in a pretty die-cut butterfly, which is from the 'Shabby Chic' Signature collection by Sara Davies (I think this might appear on many of my projects from now on - I love it!). The stamped banner is also from the same collection.

I am planning to make more of these for an up and coming craft fayre that I want to attend, so watch this space.

Enjoy the rest of your evening,
Hugz Jan xx

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jan. This is a beautiful project, the dies are so pretty. Congratulations on your promotion, very well deserved.
    Crafty hugs
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan this is stunning I do love the heart it is beautiful. Congratulations on your promotion. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jan, lovely to hear that the new job is going well and congratulations on the promotion too! A fabulous shadow box you have created. I love it.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love that colour combination.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always very much appreciated, so thank you for taking the time to write one xx